Thursday, September 9, 2010

Post vacation bleh

Just back from a week in New England seeing old friends and frolicking on the Cape. Luckily the hurricane was pretty much a non-issue in Massachusetts.

This weekend is a CPE trial at my barn. First trial in level 4/5/C standard. I am sort of anticipating not q'ing at all in Standard. Hoping for a fullhouse, wildcard, colors, jackpot, and maybe even snooker?!? We'll see.

Most frustratingly I decided to check my weight loss progress over the past two and a half months. I had to replace my scales because the old one got lost in the moving, so I hadn't weighed in that time. I'd been checking my measurements which have steadily declined, so i thought i was probably on the right track. I was pretty horrified to find that I have only lost 2.5 pounds since July. WTF??? I'm running 3-4 times per week, I've cleaned the hell out of my diet and am eating less than I did during my entire senior year of vet school. The measurements are shrinking but the weight just isn't budging. It's really, really frustrating. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. I can't run every day, especially when I'm increasing distance every week, or my knees and achilles don't have enough time to compensate. I can't eat less...I am not good with the starvation. It feels like a real setback.

Agility class this week, more weave trouble but seems to be improving. I need to find a place for my practice weaves in the minuscule backyard. We are still knocking bars but in class it seems to only be if I stutter in my handling and he's not sure what I want. Trying to front cross more!

Saw the baby pups at almost five weeks today! They are so cute! Starting to interact with each other and with humans more, which is great. I am trying not to get attached to any one, but there is one blue boy especially that I like a lot... a few more weeks. Temperament tests on the 26th, CERF exams on the 24th...

2 comments:

Lisa Foxworthy Stine said...

I love your blog, you're an excellent writer! Could use some photos though
;)

delilahbowie said...

heh, this is true! my camera is being a jerk right now, but it's going into the shop next week.