Friday, September 17, 2010

I have no pride

Now begins Operation Desperation: Job Hunt! This involves emailing anyone and everyone I know who might have a contact in the area who is hiring, then shamelessly whoring my resume around Oregon and Southwest Washington, while contacting every humane society and the Feral Cat Coalition to see if I can volunteer in a veterinary capacity while waiting for something good to show up. This is the hardest and most demoralizing period of my life in a lot of ways. I am trying to keep faith that four years of hard work and excelling in classes and clinics means that I can at least score a job in the next three-four months. I could use a kickstart of hope to keep me from despairing.

Granted, hindsight is 20/20, but maybe I should have taken one of those three jobs earlier this year...bah.

No comments: