Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ziggy Intermed and Griff

So after complaining about a. lack of toy drive and b. driving time to class, I decided to skip agility on Monday and work Griff at home, so we did some jump work and stay practice (while I cleaned my car in the front of the house). Griff wanted to inform me that my last complaints about his lack of tug drive are bullshit, so he happily did long downstays and heeling for retrieves and then tug games. So there, he sez.

I did not brag on the pupper either. Last week in PI, we had loose leash walking practice, which Zig did, off leash, in heel, around the other pups and people. Only occasional distractions when someone couldn't remember we don't walk our dogs right up on top of another dog. He also played during free play and only tried to herd twice! Beautiful recalls out of play as well. He's S-M-A-R-T. He loves his fur tuggie (only gets it during training) and was happy to work quite hard for it. So yay for Zig too. We'll see how tonight's class goes. He spent ten good minutes retrieving his babble ball last night, so he'd like me to mention that my concern about his retrieve is perhaps not warranted (well, he sez bullshit too, but I told him he was too young for such language).

Agility foundations was cancelled for this week, so I really should spend some time trying to free shape two back paws on the phone book some more, but this exercise frustrates me so I put it off.

Zig is getting longer than he is tall, I hope it's just a freakish growth spurt and not a sign that he'll be longer backed.

This rain is making me nervous that our engagement photos on Saturday will be of two wet people and four wet dogs. Awesome.

And in totally non-dog-news, I am glad Glee didn't jump the shark with its original songs episode. I was worried. But Blane and Kurt storyline was so sweet, and I thought Lea Michele was much more Rachel from early season one, slightly off-putting but endearing. The original songs, well, the good ones were the outtakes (Trouty Mouth? Big Ass Heart? Hell to the No! greatness!) I must say, Sue needs to get back to the Cheerios where she belongs. And we need more Artie, and Mercedes needs some romance in her storyline! Do I sound like a fan dork? Sorry.

No comments: