Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Puppy intermediate class

Holy moley, wish I had video of my puppy heeling all around the room at class today off leash,around the other puppies, balls being thrown, treats being dropped...such a good boy.

He met a four year old Aussie owned by our instructor today and it was like instant breed recognition. He leapt for him like "hey, we're related!" Got a little reprimand from Sawyer for that, but took it well. And, he made friends with the Blue Lacy that he was snarky with from week one...boy that pup changed in personality! Not at all leaping at other pups' heads like night one. I've never met a Blue Lacy before, they are cute.

I'm so pleased that he is so much less concerned about being in a room full of other pups now. He is more relaxed, happy to interact but prefers to work if it's working time....such a good little man.

Got to get some updated pics. Here's a cameraphone one with big brother.



2 comments:

Kennedy said...

I wish you had a video, too! lol I am so envious of people with a heel with their dog and wow, the attention during heeling amazes me. I hope to have an iota one day. In the meantime - get some video. :) Would love to see it!

delilahbowie said...

Wish I had a video camera, the IPHONE just doesn't cut it, but maybe if I can get John to video some for me on graduation I'll post it. It's very much a puppy heel, he doesn't have an automatic sit yet and tends to swing out a bit crooked, but for a baby I am pretty proud of him!