Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break?

Poor Zoe. She woke me up at four this morning desperate to go outside although she was out at midnight right before bed. After three trips outside between 4-8 and about 30 squats, I rushed her to the vet. One cysto, one ultrasound, and one hundred plus dollars later, she's on antibiotics for a UTI and I'm hoping that's all it will be. I'm watching her closely today. She wants to stay outside, but I'm hoping if I keep her in she'll be able to rest.

And my wisdom teef extraction was cancelled for today, so I think it'll be a lazy day of housecleaning and watching the dogs. Poor aminals. The vet's office owns me, I swear.

Waiting for grades to come back; have all but one. The pharm final was miserable, and I'm afraid my grade will be dropping sharply. Oh well. As long as I passed, I guess. The exam wasn't, in my opinion, a fair example of what I learned, so I'm not as concerned as I might have been otherwise.

Dogs and I are going to the beach later in the week, so hopefully Zoe will feel better and I'll get some good pictures. The dogs really need a vacation.


Edited later: Oh, and the day just got better and better. I realized, shortly after posting this, that the smallest cat was missing. At first, I figured he was sleeping somewhere away from everyone else, which is unlike the nosy parker. Then after combing the house and calling, I realize the cat.is.nowhere.to.be.found. Check the garage, since that's the only door I recall leaving open unattended. Check around the house. Take dogs out one by one to check the front and back yard. Shake the food bin. Bring out wet food. Search the surrounding area. Call shelters. Call vets' offices. Post to craigslist. Accost joggers outside my house. Attempt, then decide against, posting fliers on the only poles we have in the neighborhood-stop signs. Finally, after 8 hours, and dragging my sick dad out of bed to come help (athough I tried to talk him out of it), I am in the kitchen, and start to hear a tiny voice. At first I think I am imagining it, but then I am sure it is kitten. I call, and he answers, but I can't localize where the heck he's at. Run upstairs, no voice, but check everywhere I've already checked. Come back downstairs, open every drawer and cupboard in the kitchen, even though I've already checked. No kitten. Wait, a few minutes of silence, then he starts again. Finally localize him between the garage and kitchen. Walk in to the small bathroom where I keep the cats' litterboxes. Hear small kitten. Open the cupboard (although I've already checked), no kitten. Open all the drawers, none of which I've opened that day. Find small kitten in the top most, shut drawer. One I didn't open or close. One with no connection to anything I did open or close. I don't know, but I'm suspicious that he opened the drawer, climbed in, and then maybe Monkey cat came along behind him and shut him in. Why he stayed there for 8 hours without yelling I have no idea. Other than being very hungry, and very happy to see his box, he was fine. Little monster.


We won't even talk about my final exam. We will, however, reference my new favorite website: failblog.wordpress.com.


No comments: