Monday, October 10, 2011

Old dogs, new dogs


The old man wanted a walk in the worst way a few weeks ago, so we went to the forest nearby and he got to mosey around. One blessing of being old, he can no longer run away from me, so got to be off leash for awhile. He very much enjoyed sniffing leaves and peeing on bushes. The simple pleasures...

The puppy saw contact equipment for the first time on Friday. He was, not surprisingly, quite excited about it. The A-frame was only partially elevated and it was just a 3/4 dog walk, but he thought both were very fun. If I don't mess it up, this guy will be fast! He also got some needed balance practice and more work on the dreaded phone book, bleh. It did scare me a little at one point that he was running so fast down the dog walk his feet came off the side, but he held on. It makes me appreciate having a dog who is (mostly) well trained on the obstacles.

Griff and I had a much better agility class today. We are still the worst, but we are learning a lot since the courses are so much harder and everyone else's skill sets are so great. Not the worst deal. I still get embarrassed, like when I was so excited he got a difficult weave entry that I neglected to realize he'd done so by cutting behind me, oops. Nice dog, shame about the handler indeed. But he did do some nice serpentines, only had one weave bobble, and nice contacts.

Need to work some 2x2 with Zig today, probably need to bring them inside rather than get poured on. He hates wet grass.

No comments: