Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I just ate a pear

I just powered down an entire pear in little slices with cinnamon. It was nowhere near as satisfying as eating an entire chocolate bar used to be, but alas I gave that up. I think I over-peared though.

Guinness is not doing well. The vet thinks he injured his stifle joint-either arthritis flare or maybe something with the ligaments or meniscus, which means no PT for two weeks at least. And he was doing so well. He's really having a hard time today, and he seems uncomfortable. Not painful exactly, just off. I gave him an NSAID to take the edge off, but he just doesn't seem to want to settle. I've found it to be a really disheartening day, especially after he seemed to be deriving such benefit from the PT and be doing so well.

He's on rest for two weeks, so no beach this weekend. No run at the park, no humping his sister. I hope the vet is right, and it's not a worsening portent of badness to come.

No comments: