Wednesday, October 20, 2010

ten -pupdate

Ziggy did well with social stuff so far this week. Better greeting of people including a cute little boy today. Zig seemed to like him! He is pretty dependent on me out and about right now, but I anticipate this changing a lot with age. He picked up hand targeting quickly today during our first session (did my hand smell too much like food tho?)

Concerns: toy drive. Tug drive is good, but he will get tired of toys long before food right now. I really wanted a pup who loved to play with me. He loves to play with the big dogs. I wonder if I need to restrict that right now? I feel like the argument for restricting interaction with other dogs are tenuous, but I am concerned if he thinks they are the only fun ones to play with.

Need to do more shaping exercises to help limber up and get him to try new behaviors.

No comments: