Tuesday, December 8, 2009

a long break from training...

just finished the NAVLE, meaning if I mananged to pass, and manage to pass my next rotations, I'll be licensed in June. However, the past six months have wreaked havok on most everything elese in my life, including dogs and dog training.

Griff missed the last two agility trials due to me not getting myself in gear in time to get him enrolled, and we've had to miss alot of class as well due to my hellish schedule. however, there's overall been deterioration of my dogs' manners lately and I need to tighten up and increase overall obedience training. It's hard with one old man who can barely sit comfortably on command anymore, and one ten year old who thnks she's nine months, and one aussie who if he doesn't get excessive work becomes a terror....

time for a new training approach. I long for some method that is more fair to the dog than traditional trainers but is more stringent than positive only methods..wish I knew of a good balanced trainer that can help me get the results I want.

No comments: