Sunday, March 29, 2009

second trial




Saturday:


Fullhouse: Q and 2nd, 27 points. We had ten extra seconds, totally could have gotten more points, but I was cautious and sent him to the table once we finished the course I planned, or he could have gotten first.


Standard level 2: Q and 1st. Fun run, both teeter and weaves executed perfectly. This run was the best of the weekend, not a bobble. And fast! 17 obstacles in 40 seconds.


Jumpers: Q and 1st. Fast and fun run. He was on!


Sunday:

Standard level 2: Q and 1st. This run felt the worst as far as my handling went. I handled on what seemed like the most logical path for the opening, but in hindsight it pulled him directly towards the tunnel on the left when I wanted him to go into the tunnel on the right. He corrected easily and it didn't count as an off-course, but it could have been avoided if I'd handled it better. He also hesitated at his a-frame-turn-tunnel, which usually he doesn't have a problem with. We'll have to go back and work on it. Teeter perfect, weaves perfect as well.


Got some nice shots of him from the photographer, which was awesome.


I am planning on trying him at a new venue in April, just to see how he'll do. Its indoors but two rings run simultaneously, so that'll be exciting...I think he's ready.


2 comments:

Life With Dogs said...

Tremendous action shots. Nice work!

delilahbowie said...

thanks...I can't take any credit, as a really nice photographer snapped them. I was attached to the hand in the second picture...