Tuesday, December 30, 2008

agility notes

Griff and I have been doing some agility work over the holiday in preparation for our trial in February. Just some notes to help focus our training for the next two months.

Weaves-we are finally straight on six poles, and Sunday he did 12 in a row straight! We need to work on more difficult entries, but I am very pleased with his progression.

Contacts-need to work on two on two off contacts being held even if I keep moving

Teeter-doing well, need to get to the point where I don't need to babysit him too much

Turns-doing well. Need to work on tight turn into tunnel.

jumps-need to work hard turns and keeping bars up.

Handling-always need work! I need to focus on clear body language, as well as increasing clarity of verbal commands

Object discrimination-need to practice verbal cue discrimination.

More practice! Need to get to the barn more.

No comments: